Who owns blog comments?
Over the weekend, I had the thought, "Who owns the comments on
The Reasonable Man blog has a
of copyright law on this issueand I think Charles' interpretation of the
law is a well-reasoned one. While I already had a Creative Commons copyright
notice on this site, I added the following sentence:
Note that when you leave a comment on this site, you are agreeing that your
comment also falls under the terms of this Creative Commons
Remember, just because the blog comment was posted in public view doesn't
mean it's still not copyrighted. The commenter doesn't give up ownership of her
post just because she left it on your site. Now, do I agree with the law on this
one? Absolutely not. But that's the way it stands right now...
Malcolm Gladwell teaches "Get over yourself and get to work" for Big Think Edge.
- Learn to recognize failure and know the big difference between panicking and choking.
- At Big Think Edge, Malcolm Gladwell teaches how to check your inner critic and get clear on what failure is.
We take fewer mental pictures per second.
- Recent memories run in our brains like sped-up old movies.
- In childhood, we capture images in our memory much more quickly.
- The complexities of grownup neural pathways are no match for the direct routes of young brains.
It's not just a case of "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger."
- A new study suggests children who endure trauma grow up to be adults with more empathy than others.
- The effect is not universal, however. Only one kind of empathy was greatly effected.
It's one of the most consistent patterns in the unviverse. What causes it?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.