Who cares about water?
Someone has predicted that water is the next "gold." What are we Americans doing to conserve? I am working on a system for our farm to capture rain water from our roofs and to use it not merely to water our purebred Charolais cattle, but to water pastures and gardens. These seem only the most obvious ideas to me so far. What else can I do?
What ideas exist around Big Think to make a Big Impact?
- Patients from low-income neighborhoods are most at risk of negative health impacts.
- Unfortunately, many disparate factors are erasing the traditional Bajau way of life.
- Fewer than 50 people worldwide have 'golden blood' — or Rh-null.
- Blood is considered Rh-null if it lacks all of the 61 possible antigens in the Rh system.
- It's also very dangerous to live with this blood type, as so few people have it.
An innovation may lead to lifelike evolving machines.
- Scientists at Cornell University devise a material with 3 key traits of life.
- The goal for the researchers is not to create life but lifelike machines.
- The researchers were able to program metabolism into the material's DNA.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.