Where is the Missional Church these days anymore? (Not to mention WHAT is it?)
The whole concept of "church" is a cycle...
Love God > Live His mission > Love People > Lead them to follow.
There are many facets to each section, and this is "the church." We need to get back to the basics of why God created HIS CHURCH. The Acts Two Church (the Missional Church) has been somewhat lost in our society today, and this is something we must bring back. As men and women of God, we are called to a intimate personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Therefore, the church is a designed process, one which has the sole purpose of Spiritual Formation. (the problem, again, is that churches don't fully understand this...many pastors I've talked to didn't even understand what I was saying.) In many churches I've seen today, people are not spiritually better 7 years later than they were when they 1st came to the church. We leave and there's nothing different. We only go there sometimes even just to see other people. As a church we need to stop pleasing people, and start pleasing God. (Galatians 1)
We should value unity among people, with no separation between those of different ages, nor of those in the same age group. The Acts Two Church must rise again. Too many churches in the country (and world) have become fake, straying from the original purpose Jesus Christ intended us to maintain. Just read the chapter of Acts Two. Where is our community? Where is our fellowship? Be honest with yourself and ask yourself the question, "What would Christ think of the church I am at now if He came to visit?"
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ADD WHAT YOU THINK.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Upload your mind? Here's a reality check on the Singularity.
- Though computer engineers claim to know what human consciousness is, many neuroscientists say that we're nowhere close to understanding what it is, or its source.
- Scientists are currently trying to upload human minds to silicon chips, or re-create consciousness with algorithms, but this may be hubristic because we still know so little about what it means to be human.
- Is transhumanism a journey forward or an escape from reality?
The Harvard psychologist loves reading authors' rules for writing. Here are his own.
- Steven Pinker is many things: linguist, psychologist, optimist, Harvard professor, and author.
- When it comes to writing, he's a student and a teacher.
- Here's are his 13 rules for writing better, more simply, and more clearly.
A completely unexpected discovery beneath the ice.
- Scientists find remains of a tardigrade and crustaceans in a deep, frozen Antarctic lake.
- The creatures' origin is unknown, and further study is ongoing.
- Biology speaks up about Antarctica's history.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.