Where is the Missional Church these days anymore? (Not to mention WHAT is it?)
The whole concept of "church" is a cycle...
Love God > Live His mission > Love People > Lead them to follow.
There are many facets to each section, and this is "the church." We need to get back to the basics of why God created HIS CHURCH. The Acts Two Church (the Missional Church) has been somewhat lost in our society today, and this is something we must bring back. As men and women of God, we are called to a intimate personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Therefore, the church is a designed process, one which has the sole purpose of Spiritual Formation. (the problem, again, is that churches don't fully understand this...many pastors I've talked to didn't even understand what I was saying.) In many churches I've seen today, people are not spiritually better 7 years later than they were when they 1st came to the church. We leave and there's nothing different. We only go there sometimes even just to see other people. As a church we need to stop pleasing people, and start pleasing God. (Galatians 1)
We should value unity among people, with no separation between those of different ages, nor of those in the same age group. The Acts Two Church must rise again. Too many churches in the country (and world) have become fake, straying from the original purpose Jesus Christ intended us to maintain. Just read the chapter of Acts Two. Where is our community? Where is our fellowship? Be honest with yourself and ask yourself the question, "What would Christ think of the church I am at now if He came to visit?"
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ADD WHAT YOU THINK.
What can 3D printing do for medicine? The "sky is the limit," says Northwell Health researcher Dr. Todd Goldstein.
- Medical professionals are currently using 3D printers to create prosthetics and patient-specific organ models that doctors can use to prepare for surgery.
- Eventually, scientists hope to print patient-specific organs that can be transplanted safely into the human body.
- Northwell Health, New York State's largest health care provider, is pioneering 3D printing in medicine in three key ways.
The tactics that work now won't work for long.
Great ideas in philosophy often come in dense packages. Then there is where the work of Marcus Aurelius.
- Meditations is a collection of the philosophical ideas of the Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius.
- Written as a series of notes to himself, the book is much more readable than the dry philosophy most people are used to.
- The advice he gave to himself 2,000 years ago is increasingly applicable in our hectic, stressed-out lives.
By working together, and learning from one another, we can build better systems.
- Many of the things that we experience, are our imagination manifesting into this physical realm, avers artist Dustin Yellin.
- People need to completely rethink the way they work together, and learn from one another, that they they can build better systems. If not, things may get "really dark" soon.
- The first step to enabling cooperation is figuring out where the common ground is. Through this method, despite contrary beliefs, we may be able to find some degree of peace.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.