Where is the Missional Church these days anymore? (Not to mention WHAT is it?)
The whole concept of "church" is a cycle...
Love God > Live His mission > Love People > Lead them to follow.
There are many facets to each section, and this is "the church." We need to get back to the basics of why God created HIS CHURCH. The Acts Two Church (the Missional Church) has been somewhat lost in our society today, and this is something we must bring back. As men and women of God, we are called to a intimate personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Therefore, the church is a designed process, one which has the sole purpose of Spiritual Formation. (the problem, again, is that churches don't fully understand this...many pastors I've talked to didn't even understand what I was saying.) In many churches I've seen today, people are not spiritually better 7 years later than they were when they 1st came to the church. We leave and there's nothing different. We only go there sometimes even just to see other people. As a church we need to stop pleasing people, and start pleasing God. (Galatians 1)
We should value unity among people, with no separation between those of different ages, nor of those in the same age group. The Acts Two Church must rise again. Too many churches in the country (and world) have become fake, straying from the original purpose Jesus Christ intended us to maintain. Just read the chapter of Acts Two. Where is our community? Where is our fellowship? Be honest with yourself and ask yourself the question, "What would Christ think of the church I am at now if He came to visit?"
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ADD WHAT YOU THINK.
We are constantly trying to force the world to look like us — we need to move on.
- When the Berlin Wall fell in 1989, many Americans jumped for joy. At the time, some believed there weren't going to be any more political disagreements anywhere in the world. They thought American democracy had won the "war of ideas."
- American exceptionalism has sought to create a world order that's really a mirror image of ourselves — a liberal world order founded on the DNA of American thinking. To many abroad this looks like ethnic chauvinism.
- We need to move on from this way of thinking, and consider that sometimes "problem-solving," in global affairs, means the world makes us look like how it wants to be.
Scientists make an important discovery for the future of computing.
- Researchers find a new state of matter called "topological superconductivity".
- The state can lead to important advancements in quantum computing.
- Utilizing special particles that emerge during this state can lead to error-free data storage and blazing calculation speed.
French newspapers report that the trial hasn't lived up to expectations.
- The French government initially invested in a rural solar roadway in 2016.
- French newspapers report that the trial hasn't lived up to expectations.
- Solar panel "paved" roadways are proving to be inefficient and too expensive.