When does a work of Theatre Art Fail?
At the University of New Hampshire the arts department (mainly the Theatre and Dance but thte others have chipped in too) have had an ongoing discussion this year about the relationship between art and democracy. A Professor of mine brought up the point that whenever the University puts on a show that only entertains and does not challenge the veiwer to think, the University fails.
I have taken it one step further to say that any play that only entertains, fails. If somthing is meant only to keep you occupied for the amount of time it is on and doesn't challenege you to think, it was a waste of time you can't have back.
What do you people think?
A new study estimated the untapped potential of wind energy across Europe.
- A new report calculated how much electricity Europe could generate if it built onshore wind farms on all of its exploitable land.
- The results indicated that European onshore wind farms could supply the whole world with electricity from now until 2050.
- Wind farms come with a few complications, but the researchers noted that their study was meant to highlight the untapped potential of the renewable energy source in Europe.
French newspapers report that the trial hasn't lived up to expectations.
- The French government initially invested in a rural solar roadway in 2016.
- French newspapers report that the trial hasn't lived up to expectations.
- Solar panel "paved" roadways are proving to be inefficient and too expensive.
You want one. Now you may be able to survive one.
Photo credit: Jie Zhao / Getty contributor
- Cats live in a quarter of Western households.
- Allergies to them are common and can be dangerous.
- A new approach targets the primary trouble-causing allergen.