What's the Essentials of a Great Bar...or coffee house?
I LOVE getting people together for STIMULATING INTERACTION.
Alcohol or Caffeine can bring people together but there must be more to help people engage....discuss....share.
What does it take? From my experience I've found that art exhibits can start conversations. Opinions and viewpoints are exchanged and sometimes even phone numbers.
What else works?
New research links urban planning and political polarization.
- Canadian researchers find that excessive reliance on cars changes political views.
- Decades of car-centric urban planning normalized unsustainable lifestyles.
- People who prefer personal comfort elect politicians who represent such views.
- Scientists treated scalp tissue with a chemical that mimics the odor of sandalwood.
- This chemical bound to an olfactory receptor in the scalp and stimulated hair growth.
- The treatment could soon be available to the public.
- Why can't we have a human-sized cat tree?
- What would happen if you got a spoonful of a neutron star?
- Why do we insist on dividing our wonderfully complex selves into boring little boxes
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.