What's the big deal
Why is food such a driving force in American lives
Food is the new religion of American culture. While Christianity, Islam, and all the other religions have been around for what seems like forever. So my question is what is the big deal about food? People center their entire lives around food and for what reason. They center vacations around going to their favorite restaurants. They work overtime just overeat at the local steak house’s buffet. Why to people lust after food. You sit down at a table and chew it up and swallow it. Each bite is only in your mouth for an average of twenty seconds then it’s gone. Around the world people make it just fine eating the same old same old, but we Americans act as if we will die if our steak is not done properly at the local steak house. Why is food so important to us? Why do people run to food when they are depressed or upset about life?
New research links urban planning and political polarization.
- Canadian researchers find that excessive reliance on cars changes political views.
- Decades of car-centric urban planning normalized unsustainable lifestyles.
- People who prefer personal comfort elect politicians who represent such views.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- Why can't we have a human-sized cat tree?
- What would happen if you got a spoonful of a neutron star?
- Why do we insist on dividing our wonderfully complex selves into boring little boxes
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.