What's AGE...Got To Do...Got To Do With It?
Early-onset ageism is a fact of life for women in Hollywood, so when my acting career was "downsided" at midlife, I segued into a career in the healing arts. What I discovered as a clinical hypnotherapist was how much the media has "hypnotized" us into believing that women lose value as we get older...particularly in terms of our sexuality.
Ultimately, my own suggestibility to the positive suggestions I gave my clients led me to reclaiming my acting career. Because my new career goal -- to help change the negative stereotypes associated with aging -- is an offshoot from my mission as a hypnotherapist, I feel that in many ways I am still in the healing arts. I am an actor-shaman -- offering "prescriptions" for mental health, wellness and longevity delivered via laughter, storytelling and, yes, the joys of sex -- as a stand-up comic and with "MOIST!" the "sexistential" musical comedy celebration of the seasoned woman I co-wrote & co-star in with Iona Morris scheduled to open Off-Broadway in 2009.
To me, every year older means another year we're still here. I encourage everyone to...
MAKE THE MOST OF IT!!!
Pfizer's partnerships strengthen their ability to deliver vaccines in developing countries.
- Community healthcare workers face many challenges in their work, including often traveling far distances to see their clients
- Pfizer is helping to drive the UN's sustainable development goals through partnerships.
- Pfizer partnered with AMP and the World Health Organization to develop a training program for healthcare workers.
The controversy around the Torah codes gets a new life.
- Mathematicians claim to see a predictive pattern in the ancient Torah texts.
- The code is revealed by a method found with special computer software.
- Some events described by reading the code took place after the code was written.
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face."
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
Orangutans join humans and bees in a very exclusive club
- Orangutan mothers wait to sound a danger alarm to avoid tipping off predators to their location
- It took a couple of researchers crawling around the Sumatran jungle to discover the phenomenon
- This ability may come from a common ancestor
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.