What's AGE...Got To Do...Got To Do With It?
Early-onset ageism is a fact of life for women in Hollywood, so when my acting career was "downsided" at midlife, I segued into a career in the healing arts. What I discovered as a clinical hypnotherapist was how much the media has "hypnotized" us into believing that women lose value as we get older...particularly in terms of our sexuality.
Ultimately, my own suggestibility to the positive suggestions I gave my clients led me to reclaiming my acting career. Because my new career goal -- to help change the negative stereotypes associated with aging -- is an offshoot from my mission as a hypnotherapist, I feel that in many ways I am still in the healing arts. I am an actor-shaman -- offering "prescriptions" for mental health, wellness and longevity delivered via laughter, storytelling and, yes, the joys of sex -- as a stand-up comic and with "MOIST!" the "sexistential" musical comedy celebration of the seasoned woman I co-wrote & co-star in with Iona Morris scheduled to open Off-Broadway in 2009.
To me, every year older means another year we're still here. I encourage everyone to...
MAKE THE MOST OF IT!!!
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
A completely unexpected discovery beneath the ice.
- Scientists find remains of a tardigrade and crustaceans in a deep, frozen Antarctic lake.
- The creatures' origin is unknown, and further study is ongoing.
- Biology speaks up about Antarctica's history.
Bushier eyebrows are associated with higher levels of narcissism, according to new research.
- Science has provided an excellent clue for identifying the narcissists among us.
- Eyebrows are crucial to recognizing identities.
- The study provides insight into how we process faces and our latent ability to detect toxic people.
It's one factor that can help explain the religiosity gap.
- Sociologists have long observed a gap between the religiosity of men and women.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.