What's AGE...Got To Do...Got To Do With It?
Early-onset ageism is a fact of life for women in Hollywood, so when my acting career was "downsided" at midlife, I segued into a career in the healing arts. What I discovered as a clinical hypnotherapist was how much the media has "hypnotized" us into believing that women lose value as we get older...particularly in terms of our sexuality.
Ultimately, my own suggestibility to the positive suggestions I gave my clients led me to reclaiming my acting career. Because my new career goal -- to help change the negative stereotypes associated with aging -- is an offshoot from my mission as a hypnotherapist, I feel that in many ways I am still in the healing arts. I am an actor-shaman -- offering "prescriptions" for mental health, wellness and longevity delivered via laughter, storytelling and, yes, the joys of sex -- as a stand-up comic and with "MOIST!" the "sexistential" musical comedy celebration of the seasoned woman I co-wrote & co-star in with Iona Morris scheduled to open Off-Broadway in 2009.
To me, every year older means another year we're still here. I encourage everyone to...
MAKE THE MOST OF IT!!!
Understanding thinking talents in yourself and others can build strong teams and help avoid burnout.
- Learn to collaborate within a team and identify "thinking talent" surpluses – and shortages.
- Angie McArthur teaches intelligent collaboration for Big Think Edge.
Archeologists had been doubtful since no such ship had ever been found.
- In 450 BCE, Greek historian Herodotus described a barge that's never been found.
- One boat, Ship 17, uncannily matches the Herodotus' description.
- Horseshoe crabs' blue blood is so valuable that a quart of it can be sold for $15,000.
- This is because it contains a molecule that is crucial to the medical research community.
- While on Joe Rogan's podcast, he explains his thoughts on the gender differences in society.
- On another episode, Peterson discusses the development of character through competition.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.