What should Republicans do over the next two years?
Question: What should Republicans do over the next two years?
Tom DeLay: Well, the role of the Republican Party in the 111th will be twofold. One will be articulating the consequences of what the Democrats are doing, and the Republicans are going to have to develop a communications operation that can get that message out, that whatever the Democrats are doing, and they’ll be able to do whatever they want to do because they’ll have the votes both in the House and the Senate, so the Republicans will be delegated to communicating the consequences of the Democrats’ actions.
And, secondly, the Republicans will need to be providing alternatives to everything that the Democrats are doing, whether it be alternative amendments, alternative bills, substitutes to those bills, so that the American people can contrast what the Democrats are doing and what the Republicans would do if they were in charge.
November 14, 2008
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Is it "perverseness," the "death drive," or something else?
She met mere mortals with and without the Vatican's approval.
- For centuries, the Virgin Mary has appeared to the faithful, requesting devotion and promising comfort.
- These maps show the geography of Marian apparitions – the handful approved by the Vatican, and many others.
- Historically, Europe is where most apparitions have been reported, but the U.S. is pretty fertile ground too.
It's up to us humans to re-humanize our world. An economy that prioritizes growth and profits over humanity has led to digital platforms that "strip the topsoil" of human behavior, whole industries, and the planet, giving less and less back. And only we can save us.
- It's an all-hands-on-deck moment in the arc of civilization.
- Everyone has a choice: Do you want to try to earn enough money to insulate yourself from the world you're creating— or do you want to make the world a place you don't have to insulate yourself from?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.