What should be the big issues of the 2008 presidential election?
Bringing an end to the violence in Iraq and returning our service people home from there must remain a priority. We must also focus on providing critcally-needed care to those service people who have returned to the U.S. with injuries sustained during their service to our beloved country. We all recognize them as heroes, including those first responders to the World Trade Center and Pentagon bombings; but then life goes on and these truly remarkable women and men who answered the nation's call are relegated to fighting for the basic necessities of life in addition to fighting for assistance in dealing with the sometimes devestating and life-threatening injuries they sustained in serving our country. How can we be world leaders if we neglect our own people in need, especially those very people who put their lives on the line to serve our nation? As we hold up our democratic system as a beacon for other countries new to this concept of government, let's show them what the right way is.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
A completely unexpected discovery beneath the ice.
- Scientists find remains of a tardigrade and crustaceans in a deep, frozen Antarctic lake.
- The creatures' origin is unknown, and further study is ongoing.
- Biology speaks up about Antarctica's history.
Eight-dimensional octonions may hold the clues to solve fundamental mysteries.
- Physicists discover complex numbers called octonions that work in 8 dimensions.
- The numbers have been found linked to fundamental forces of reality.
- Understanding octonions can lead to a new model of physics.
It's one factor that can help explain the religiosity gap.
- Sociologists have long observed a gap between the religiosity of men and women.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.