What should be the big issues of the 2008 presidential election?
Bringing an end to the violence in Iraq and returning our service people home from there must remain a priority. We must also focus on providing critcally-needed care to those service people who have returned to the U.S. with injuries sustained during their service to our beloved country. We all recognize them as heroes, including those first responders to the World Trade Center and Pentagon bombings; but then life goes on and these truly remarkable women and men who answered the nation's call are relegated to fighting for the basic necessities of life in addition to fighting for assistance in dealing with the sometimes devestating and life-threatening injuries they sustained in serving our country. How can we be world leaders if we neglect our own people in need, especially those very people who put their lives on the line to serve our nation? As we hold up our democratic system as a beacon for other countries new to this concept of government, let's show them what the right way is.
Pfizer's partnerships strengthen their ability to deliver vaccines in developing countries.
- Community healthcare workers face many challenges in their work, including often traveling far distances to see their clients
- Pfizer is helping to drive the UN's sustainable development goals through partnerships.
- Pfizer partnered with AMP and the World Health Organization to develop a training program for healthcare workers.
Orangutans join humans and bees in a very exclusive club
- Orangutan mothers wait to sound a danger alarm to avoid tipping off predators to their location
- It took a couple of researchers crawling around the Sumatran jungle to discover the phenomenon
- This ability may come from a common ancestor
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
Journaling can help you materialize your ambitions.
- Organizing your thoughts can help you plan and achieve goals that might otherwise seen unobtainable.
- One way to view your journal might be less of a narrative and more of a timeline of decisions.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.