What is video-art haiku?
Statement by Nohra Corredor
"Video-Art Haiku is the combination of the "poetic image" with the "aesthetic experience" using the VIDEO as canvas of its artwork and the cultural/historical construction of HAIKU as an art form to capture the essence of lyric poetry practiced throughout the ages.
Video-art haiku consists of three autonomous and simultaneous video screens (looped), each with different durations and responding to adjusted changes in speed related to the technological tools available to the individual on-line viewer. The published combinations and permutations, if not infinite, are so great that the chance of encountering the video haiku in the exact same way more than once is extremely remote.
What I call "The Heraclitus Effect" in video-art haiku describes a visual experience from the format I have used for my video-art haikus and posits a mathematical proposition which is derived from these video-artworks." Nohra Corredor (2006)
Orangutans join humans and bees in a very exclusive club
- Orangutan mothers wait to sound a danger alarm to avoid tipping off predators to their location
- It took a couple of researchers crawling around the Sumatran jungle to discover the phenomenon
- This ability may come from a common ancestor
In a breakthrough for nuclear fusion research, scientists at China's Experimental Advanced Superconducting Tokamak (EAST) reactor have produced temperatures necessary for nuclear fusion on Earth.
- The EAST reactor was able to heat hydrogen to temperatures exceeding 100 million degrees Celsius.
- Nuclear fusion could someday provide the planet with a virtually limitless supply of clean energy.
- Still, scientists have many other obstacles to pass before fusion technology becomes a viable energy source.
Journaling can help you materialize your ambitions.
- Organizing your thoughts can help you plan and achieve goals that might otherwise seen unobtainable.
- The Bullet Journal method, in particular, can reduce clutter in your life by helping you visualize your future.
- One way to view your journal might be less of a narrative and more of a timeline of decisions.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.