what is our purpose?
knowing that your life, and what you do on a day to day basis is your world. but think about all the stuff you do in one day. times a gajillion people in the world. its weird to think that other things are going on while your life is being lived. ive never really thought about it. and further more, what is out purpose on this planet? im not religious, and im not convinced with science. its just that all ive done with my life is complain and nit pick over little things. but its only been 14 years since ive been alive, and at this very moment, it seems like ive wasted my life. i want a purpose i can be pround of. so what is the meaning of life?
Firefighters in California are still struggling to contain several wildfires nearly one week after they broke out.
- Hundreds of people are still missing after three wildfires spread across Northern and Southern California last week.
- 48 of the 50 deaths occurred after the Camp Fire blazed through the town of Paradise, north of Sacramento.
- On Tuesday night, a fourth wildfire broke out, though it's mostly contained.
We know the dangers of too little sleep. Now for the other side of the story.
- Western University researchers found that sleeping over eight hours per night results in cognitive decline.
- Oversleepers suffer similar difficulties on certain cognitive tests as those who sleep under seven hours.
- Not all the news is bad: One night of oversleeping results in a cognitive boost.
Protected animals are feared to be headed for the black market.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.