What is meant by "The surge is working" and "Win the war in Iraq"?
The surge is working to do what? If we win the war in Iraq what does that mean is different than before the war? What is our success metric in Irag?
Measuring the number of Americans killed? Before we started the war there were NO Americans killed there. So is that success?
I hear 'stable local governments' is a measure of success. Are they 'stable'if they follow Sharia law? Is that OK? If they have no elections bu there is no sectarian violence is that OK? Since they did not declare war on us - what constitutes "winning the war"?
While I don't believe we can just walk away, I am troubled by what metric will demonstrate acceptable improvement - improvement that will remain after we've gone.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
- The study compared personality traits and obesity views among more than 3,000 mothers.
- People who scored high in conscientiousness are more likely to experience "fat phobia.
Meanwhile, Spaniards are the least likely to say their culture is superior to others.
- Survey by Pew Research Center shows great variation in chauvinism across Europe.
- Eight most chauvinist countries are in the east, and include Russia.
- British much more likely than French (and slightly more likely than Germans) to say their culture is "superior" to others.
- Henry Dunant's work led to the Red Cross and conventions on treating prisoners humanely.
- Amendments to the agreements reflect the modern world but have not been ratified by all countries.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.