What is everything?
I've noticed a lot of, what seems to be, an attempt to narrow things (at least everything beyond what we perceive) down to nothing, do to lack of proof of anything. I guess it is in the pudding. Why pudding? What about everything? I'm not talking just about everything you see here or everything that has happened or we see happening in this universe. I'm not talking about just the physical. I mean every possibility actually existing. Maybe life is simply the best, better than all the rest:) Could life be any more real? Maybe life is made of love? I have also noticed a lot of people saying that the idea of an after life is silly because (I guess) they just don't want any more of this 'life stuff' or for what ever reason. Why not live forever if we are able to? You are alive now aren't you? Can the truth disappear? Even without time space and matter the truth still exists? Do you desire your awareness to turn into nothingness? Anyway, this is the way I think when it comes to this stuff. Do any of you shoot pool or cook or hike or play cards...chess? This BT is fun but I think getting to know each other and living and understanding love would be sweet. I don't think you need a college education to find inner peace...I love you.
What can 3D printing do for medicine? The "sky is the limit," says Northwell Health researcher Dr. Todd Goldstein.
- Medical professionals are currently using 3D printers to create prosthetics and patient-specific organ models that doctors can use to prepare for surgery.
- Eventually, scientists hope to print patient-specific organs that can be transplanted safely into the human body.
- Northwell Health, New York State's largest health care provider, is pioneering 3D printing in medicine in three key ways.
Beyond Beef sizzles and marbleizes just like real beef, Beyond Meat says.
- Shares of Beyond Meat opened at around $200 on Tuesday morning, falling to nearly $170 by the afternoon.
- Wall Street analysts remain wary of the stock, which has been on a massive hot streak since its IPO in May.
- Beyond Meat faces competition from Impossible Foods and, as of this week, Tyson.
Average waiting time for hitchhikers in Ireland: Less than 30 minutes. In southern Spain: More than 90 minutes.
- A popular means of transportation from the 1920s to the 1980s, hitchhiking has since fallen in disrepute.
- However, as this map shows, thumbing a ride still occupies a thriving niche – if at great geographic variance.
- In some countries and areas, you'll be off the street in no time. In other places, it's much harder to thumb your way from A to B.
A recent study used data from the Big Five personality to estimate psychopathy prevalence in the 48 contiguous states and Washington, D.C.
- The study estimated psychopathy prevalence by looking at the prevalence of certain traits in the Big Five model of personality.
- The District of Columbia had the highest prevalence of psychopathy, compared to other areas.
- The authors cautioned that their measurements were indirect, and that psychopathy in general is difficult to define precisely.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.