What is ecological video-art? by Nohra Corredor
"Ecological Video Art addresses the most recent changes in perception, occurring in a very short period of time due to the revolutionary man-made digital Space-Time/Sound being created with new technologies. Ecological Video Art is the art form exploring the permanent and ephemeral relationships between human beings and the natural/mind processes of Space-Time and Sound in particular and has emerged as an independent and autonomous New Media art form reflecting the technological and ecological dynamics of the 21st Century. One of the functions of Ecological Art is to ensure that the viewer of an ecological artwork, by suspension of disbelief, shares a semblance of nature and nature processes created by the intervention of the artist with all his/her technical and artistic skills. The introduction of virtual reality, of worlds created in or by computers, to our present real world, may impact momentarily our visual/hearing perceptions of what is real or what is virtual."(2006)
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
A new study from Oregon State University makes it clear: it's you.
- Cats are territorial; being in their home environment greatly affects their attitude.
- The common wisdom that cats are aloof is provably false.
10 of the most sandbagging, red-herring, and effective logical fallacies.
- Many an otherwise-worthwhile argument has been derailed by logical fallacies.
- Sometimes these fallacies are deliberate tricks, and sometimes just bad reasoning.
- Avoiding these traps makes disgreeing so much better.
- Facebook and Google began as companies with supposedly noble purposes.
- But pressure to return value to shareholders came at the expense of their own users.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.