What Forms of Digital Colonialism Are Happening Today?
Globally all our networks, media consolidation, leveled means of production and access to digital information are moving so fast and being driven significantly by business or business mentality. Net neutrality is not a given. Privacy is nullified by total information awareness databased mentality. If everyone is seen and agrees to being defined as a "customer" in every dimension of life who is being served and not served? And who is doing serving? Who is defining whom? What is really being sent, and what is really being received? How do we make this clear, and how do we learn from the exploitation done during prior "discovery" periods, with the discovery and expansion of the fully digitizing world we are all in now? Genetics needs bio-ethics, doesn't wisdom also demand we mature our technology-ethics? So, digital colonialism-- where are going and what are we doing?
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
A growing body of research shows promising signs that the keto diet might be able to improve mental health.
- The keto diet is known to be an effective tool for weight loss, however its effects on mental health remain largely unclear.
- Recent studies suggests that the keto diet might be an effective tool for treating depression, and clearing up so-called "brain fog," though scientists caution more research is necessary before it can be recommended as a treatment.
- Any experiments with the keto diet are best done in conjunction with a doctor, considering some people face problems when transitioning to the low-carb diet.
She met mere mortals with and without the Vatican's approval.
- For centuries, the Virgin Mary has appeared to the faithful, requesting devotion and promising comfort.
- These maps show the geography of Marian apparitions – the handful approved by the Vatican, and many others.
- Historically, Europe is where most apparitions have been reported, but the U.S. is pretty fertile ground too.
Thinking your life is worthwhile is correlated with a variety of positive outcomes.
- A new study finds that adults who feel their lives are meaningful have better health and life outcomes.
- Adults who felt their lives were worthwhile tended to be more social and had healthier habits.
- The findings could be used to help improve the health of older adults.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.