What does a disciple look like today
Glad you are curious of this subject because this is an area that truly changes one's life after conversion. I've come to know how wonderful it is to see a soul won to Christ, but it is far more amazing to witness a new believer growing in Christ. In Peter 3:18 Peter give an exhortation to grow in knowledge and grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus, why? because it is a precious asset for the sanctification of the believer.
Disciples are physically following Christ because He is not physically present but the internal drive inside of the believer is living to follow Christs example and in doing so denying self and being sacrificial for the sake of His love to spread and his light to shine in a dark world. A disciple will study the scripture, obey the word, live a holistic life. Desiring to live a life pleasing to God by putting on the love, compassion and the eyes of the Lord. any objections or Amen's?
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
In his final years, Martin Luther King, Jr. become increasingly focused on the problem of poverty in America.
- Despite being widely known for his leadership role in the American civil rights movement, Martin Luther King, Jr. also played a central role in organizing the Poor People's Campaign of 1968.
- The campaign was one of the first to demand a guaranteed income for all poor families in America.
- Today, the idea of a universal basic income is increasingly popular, and King's arguments in support of the policy still make a good case some 50 years later.
10 of the most sandbagging, red-herring, and effective logical fallacies.
- Many an otherwise-worthwhile argument has been derailed by logical fallacies.
- Sometimes these fallacies are deliberate tricks, and sometimes just bad reasoning.
- Avoiding these traps makes disgreeing so much better.
For Damien Echols, tattoos are part of his existential armor.
- In prison Damien Echols was known by his number SK931, not his name, and had his hair sheared off. Stripped of his identity, the only thing he had left was his skin.
- This is why he began tattooing things that are meaningful to him — to carry a "suit of armor" made up the images of the people and objects that have significance to him, from his friends to talismans.
- Echols believes that all places are imbued with divinity: "If you interact with New York City as if there's an intelligence behind... then it will behave towards you the same way."
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.