What are you doing personally about the energy crisis?
Remember, every little bit counts.
Install and use a set back thermostat.
Swap out conventional light bulbs for energy efficient compact fluorescent lighting. Plan your trips to the grocery store rather than running out, coming home and then running out again. Use your bicycle to run errands when you can. Keep an eye on solar systems and when you can install them on your home, do so. Unfortunately, the costs of these systems are so great that the payback is in many years. Hopefully, with the competition from the Chinese PV (photovoltaic) panel manufacturers will help to drive the prices down and allow more people to install these systems with a shorter payback of the system.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
It's one factor that can help explain the religiosity gap.
- Sociologists have long observed a gap between the religiosity of men and women.
The Harvard psychologist loves reading authors' rules for writing. Here are his own.
- Steven Pinker is many things: linguist, psychologist, optimist, Harvard professor, and author.
- When it comes to writing, he's a student and a teacher.
- Here's are his 13 rules for writing better, more simply, and more clearly.
It could put the American fossil fuel industry on a clear path to extinction.
- A bipartisan group of renowned economists has proposed the U.S. implement a carbon tax.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.