What Are Our Excuses, Again, For Not Putting Computers in the Hands of Our Children?
[cross-posted at The Huffington Post]
I've watched this TED talk by Sugata Mitra several times now. And every time I watch it, my brain keeps asking the same question:
In the world's richest country - indeed, in all 'Westernized' societies - what are our (pitiful?) excuses, again, for not putting computers in the hands of our children every day at school and giving them greater agency over their own learning?
[I love the Indian child's quote: 'Apart from the fact that improper replication of the DNA molecule causes genetic disease, we've understood nothing else.']
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
"Earth" features about 30 of the biggest names in entertainment.
- Lil Dicky is a rapper and comedian who released his debut album in 2015.
- All proceeds of the music video will go to environmental causes, Dicky said.
We're talking Ghost in the Shell type of stuff.
- A forensic artist in Scotland has made a hyper realistic model of an ancient dog.
- It was based on the skull of a dog dug up in Orkney, Scotland, which lived and died 4,000 years ago.
- The model gives us a glimpse of some of the first dogs humans befriended.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.