What about it
It's great not worrying about the future like the rest of America.
One of the most popular questions asked at a job interview by the person being interviewed is what is the company’s 401K like? This question sheds light on the topic that Americans are incredibly worried about the future. Parents are worried about their children’s future, while they are worried about the economy and their retirement funds. Wouldn’t it be great if there was something out there that made you worry-free about the future? Something that would take all the stress away in everyone’s lives. Well fortunately for us there is an answer. In my own life I know I don’t need to worry about a thing, and let me tell you it is great. My trust comes from the Man himself, Jesus Christ. Through my faith in Him, I know he is in control, and I have nothing to worry about.
- The meaning of the word 'confidence' seems obvious. But it's not the same as self-esteem.
- Confidence isn't just a feeling on your inside. It comes from taking action in the world.
- Join Big Think Edge today and learn how to achieve more confidence when and where it really matters.
- Bad outcomes get criticized as evidence of bad decisions, but that's not necessarily so.
- Here, poker pro Annie Duke desribes a simple thought experiment that separates decisions from outcomes.
- It is quite possible to make a very good decision that, due to external factors, results in a bad outcome.
Decide to Play Great Poker: A Strategy Guide to No-Limit Texas Hold '’Em
Lauren Miranda sent a nude selfie to a boyfriend years ago. Somehow one of her students discovered it.
- Math teacher Lauren Miranda was fired from her Long Island school when a topless selfie surfaced.
- Miranda had only shared the photo with her ex-boyfriend, who is also a teacher in the school district.
- She's suing the school for $3 million as well as getting her job back, citing gender discrimination.
If you're lacking confidence and feel like you could benefit from an ego boost, try writing your life story.
In truth, so much of what happens to us in life is random – we are pawns at the mercy of Lady Luck. To take ownership of our experiences and exert a feeling of control over our future, we tell stories about ourselves that weave meaning and continuity into our personal identity.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.