Were the Saw movies meant to represent John (Jigsaw) as a sort of Biblical God?
(1) SAVE AS I SAVE - from SAW IV
(2) Amanda, John's chosen disciple, developed into a Pontius Pilate-type character, eventually betraying John.
(3) John's madness began after his wife was killed, who was carrying his unborn son. A sacrifice, like Christ? So that John could purify those unworthy of life through his games?
(4) John, in his own twisted way, tries to teach people that vengeance and hatred only lead to unsavory ends.
(5) In SAW IV - On his death-bed, John asks for forgiveness from the man he knows will murder him, all the time knowing that this man's lack of forgiveness will have dire consequences. (Jigsaw is killed by this man and flat-lines, and thanks to BlueTooth, this guys wife's head splatters all over the wall.)
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
Is it "perverseness," the "death drive," or something else?
Eight-dimensional octonions may hold the clues to solve fundamental mysteries.
- Physicists discover complex numbers called octonions that work in 8 dimensions.
- The numbers have been found linked to fundamental forces of reality.
- Understanding octonions can lead to a new model of physics.
- It's an all-hands-on-deck moment in the arc of civilization.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.