We Do Need Emoticons.
I have been pumping out ideas into the BigThink space at an alarming rate [ so fast in fact, that no-one reads them, but BigThink is not responsible for that [G] (that's my version of the emoticon for "big grin") ].
These ideas run the full gamut from very-serious to somewhat-flippant. Without emoticons, it can sometimes be hard to flag when you are trying to be serious, and when not. They have become an essential part of our textual communication. Please implement as soon as possible. I can continue to use my outdated techniques, but I need to be able to interpret when to be serious with others.
The ability to speak clearly, succinctly, and powerfully is easier than you think
- Antimicrobial-resistant pathogens are one of the largest threats to global health today.
- Without intervention, resistant pathogens could result in 10 million annual deaths by 2050.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce – and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.