"We Are What You Think" = We Are Served Ads While We Think.
Big Think has REAL potential, and I believe it could really serve as a gathering point of ideas and issues to be shared, discussed and reflected upon. But, (and I hate using "but") somehow I feel uncomfortable with my words (thoughts) being harvested by Google (under the auspices of Big Think's platform) and having Google Ads run along-side my ideas and commentary. "We Are What You Think" = We Are Served Ads While We Think. I do not believe that making money off our conversations is conducive to creating a REAL environment for TRUE dialog. BigThink, what do you think?
- Antimicrobial-resistant pathogens are one of the largest threats to global health today.
- Without intervention, resistant pathogens could result in 10 million annual deaths by 2050.
Entrepreneur and author Andrew Horn shares his rules for becoming an assured conversationalist.
- To avoid basing action on external validation, you need to find your "authentic voice" and use it.
- Finding your voice requires asking the right questions of yourself.
- There are 3-5 questions that you would generally want to ask people you are talking to.
Swiss researchers identify new dangers of modern cocaine.
- Cocaine cut with anti-worming adulterant levamisole may cause brain damage.
- Levamisole can thin out the prefrontal cortex and affect cognitive skills.
- Government health programs should encourage testing of cocaine for purity.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.