By posting - and in doing so interrupting my vacation - I am doing two things I don't usually do. First, posting after promising not to blog. And Second, linking directly to a jihadi forum.
This link will take you directly to the most popular jihadi forum and has pictures captured from al-Jazeera - which I was unable to find on the al-Jazeera site - of an unidentified al-Qaeda member inciting crowds in Abyan against the US.
This is the individual that was referred to in this story. Also Time's Abigail Hauslohner has this piece on the strikes, which includes a number of comments by me and suggests that too much firepower may be counterproductive.
- The meaning of the word 'confidence' seems obvious. But it's not the same as self-esteem.
- Confidence isn't just a feeling on your inside. It comes from taking action in the world.
- Join Big Think Edge today and learn how to achieve more confidence when and where it really matters.
The team caught a glimpse of a process that takes 18,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 years.
- In Italy, a team of scientists is using a highly sophisticated detector to hunt for dark matter.
The controversial herbicide is everywhere, apparently.
- A jury on August 2018 awarded a non-Hodgkin's lymphoma victim $289 million in Roundup damages.
- Bayer/Monsanto says Roundup is totally safe. Others disagree.
Some back story
A Dunbar Correlation
Professor Dunbar's response:
Friendship, kinship and limitations
Gray matter matters
There is an eclectic list of reasons why compassion may collapse, irrespective of sheer numbers:
In the end
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.