Thursday Papers (or Fighting in the North and Fighting in the South)
Most of al-Sharq al-Awsat and al-Hayat's coverage today is of the mediation over the kidnapping of the Dutch couple, but the last paragraph of Faysal Mukrim's report claims that more than 30 of the 40 wanted suspects in Ja'ar and Abyan have now been arrested.
Tariq al-Fadhli puts out a statement, according to al-Ayyam, which is in many ways a call to remember everything that unites us and not what divides us.
- The meaning of the word 'confidence' seems obvious. But it's not the same as self-esteem.
- Confidence isn't just a feeling on your inside. It comes from taking action in the world.
- Join Big Think Edge today and learn how to achieve more confidence when and where it really matters.
What do the inventions of the future look like?
- Flying cars and robot butlers could be the next paradigm shift in our tech appetite for change.
- Death and consensus reality might soon become obsolete.
A space memorial company plans to launch the ashes of "Pikachu," a well-loved Tabby, into space.
- Steve Munt, Pikachu's owner, created a GoFundMe page to raise money for the mission.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.