Men (and a woman) overboard in Yemen
Waq al-waq has decided, in keeping with protests in Yemen, to keep a running tally of people resigning from the ruling GPC. It very much looks like people are abandoning ship.
This list only represent those who resigned in protest or to join the protesters, not those who were fired or forced out.
I’m also sure I have missed some people, so feel free to make amendments/corrections in the comment sectioin.
Members of Parliament
Abd al-Karim al-Salami
Abd al-Aziz al-Jubari
Abdu Muhammad Bashr
Abd al-Salam Salih Hishwal
Abd al-Karim Jadban
Khalid Majud al-Sa‘adi
Abd al-Rahman Ali al-Ashabi
Abd al-Bari Daghish
Khalid Yahya Mu‘sar
Ali Ahmad al-'Imrani
Abd al-Jalil Hamud Abu Ghanim (former Governor of Ibb and former Commander in Armed Forces)
Nabil Muhammad Ali al-Khamari (prominent businessman)
Sam bin Yahya al-Ahmar (agent in the Ministry of Culture)
Muhammad Abd al-lahi al-Qadi – General Council of GPC
Abu Fadil al-Sa‘adhi – Deputy Agent in Minister of Local Administration
Muhammad bin Hasan al-Sharif – Director General of Hudaydah Airport, member of GPC
Shaykh Salih Muhammad al-Khadhiq - tribal shaykh
Kafah al-Ka‘abi– Deputy Director for student affairs at Hudaydah University
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
How you talk to people with drug addiction might save their life.
- Addiction is a learning disorder; it's not a sign that someone is a bad person.
- Tough love doesn't help drug-addicted people. Research shows that the best way to get people help is through compassion, empathy and support. Approach them as an equal human being deserving of respect.
- As a first step to recovery, Maia Szalavitz recommends the family or friends of people with addiction get them a complete psychiatric evaluation by somebody who is not affiliated with any treatment organization. Unfortunately, warns Szalavitz, some people will try to make a profit off of an addicted person without informing them of their full options.
Meanwhile, Spaniards are the least likely to say their culture is superior to others.
- Survey by Pew Research Center shows great variation in chauvinism across Europe.
- Eight most chauvinist countries are in the east, and include Russia.
- British much more likely than French (and slightly more likely than Germans) to say their culture is "superior" to others.
China's Chang'e 4 biosphere experiment marks a first for humankind.
- China's Chang'e 4 lunar lander touched down on the far side of the moon on January 3.
- In addition to a lunar rover, the lander carried a biosphere experiment that contains five sets of plants and some insects.
- The experiment is designed to test how astronauts might someday grow plants in space to sustain long-term settlements.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.