Walking the Talk
Why Christians are their number one enemy...
In the words prior to the DC Talk song "Jesus Freak" the narrator says a phrase that I will never forget as long as I live. He says "The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today is Christians, who acknowledge Jesus with their lips and walk out the door, and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable." So what do we "Christians" have to do in order to have a better witness to the world? It's not simply sharing the message of salvation through faith in Jesus Christ. It's living our lives in accordance to what we believe. Nothing turns a person off more than a hypocrite. If someone were to tell you that you desperately need to do something, and they aren’t even doing it themselves, why in the world would you listen to what they had to say? It’s simple, the old "do as I say but not as I do" routine doesn’t work. If you want to be effective in ministry for Jesus Christ, you need to start by walking the talk.
- The meaning of the word 'confidence' seems obvious. But it's not the same as self-esteem.
- Confidence isn't just a feeling on your inside. It comes from taking action in the world.
- Join Big Think Edge today and learn how to achieve more confidence when and where it really matters.
- There are 2 different approaches to governing free speech on college campuses.
- One is a morality/order approach. The other is a bottom-up approach.
Two new studies say yes. Unfortunately, each claims a different time.
- Both studies involved mice on treadmills and measured different markers to produce their results.
- Economist Sylvia Ann Hewlett breaks down what qualities will inspire others to believe in you.
- Here's how 300 leaders and 4,000 mid-level managers described someone with executive presence.
- Get more deep insights like these to power your career forward. Join Big Think Edge.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.