The Financial Crisis in Europe
Pasquale Bova: Well, first of all, of course, many in Europe are worried because they are thinking when the crisis will arrive in Europe. We live in a globalized economy and there’s no phenomenon that stays in one single country. Everything gets spread around the world from Europe to China, from India to Russia, etc, etc. Everybody still looking what’s going on, what’s going to happen. Of course, liquidity has been important.
We expect liquidity to be more available. I mean, the big input of liquidity in the markets. But basically, I believe that Europeans are kind of fearful of what’s going on but still don’t know what to expect from it.
Recorded: September 24, 2008
Europeans are waiting to see how bad it will get, Bova says.
Rediscovering the principles of self-actualisation might be just the tonic that the modern world is crying out for.
Abraham Maslow was the 20th-century American psychologist best-known for explaining motivation through his hierarchy of needs, which he represented in a pyramid. At the base, our physiological needs include food, water, warmth and rest.
"I was so moved when I saw the cells stir," said 90-year-old study co-author Akira Iritani. "I'd been hoping for this for 20 years."
- The team managed to stimulate nucleus-like structures to perform some biological processes, but not cell division.
- Unless better technology and DNA samples emerge in the future, it's unlikely that scientists will be able to clone a woolly mammoth.
- Still, studying the DNA of woolly mammoths provides valuable insights into the genetic adaptations that allowed them to survive in unique environments.
Does believing in true love make people act like jerks?
- Ghosting, or cutting off all contact suddenly with a romantic partner, is not nice.
- Growth-oriented people (who think relationships are made, not born) do not appreciate it.
- Destiny-oriented people (who believe in soulmates) are more likely to be okay with ghosting.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.