Michio Kaku: Genetic and digital immortality are within reach
Technology may soon grant us immortality, in a sense. Here's how.
- Through the Connectome Project we may soon be able to map the pathways of the entire human brain, including memories, and create computer programs that evoke the person the digitization is stemmed from.
- We age because errors build up in our cells — mitochondria to be exact.
- With CRISPR technology we may soon be able to edit out errors that build up as we age, and extend the human lifespan.
- Who Doesn't Want to Live Forever? The Cult of Singularity - Big Think ›
- The science of why we can't live forever ›
- Studies Reveal If Humans Can Live Forever - Big Think ›
It's economists vs. climate scientists in this facet of the climate change debate.
- What climate scientists have called a Hothouse Earth emergency, has been called "optimal" by a leading economist.
- That optimal scenario is based on "the most unrealistic and dangerous assumption in the history of economics."
- Leading scientists warn strongly against the methods that economists use. "No amount of economic cost–benefit analysis is going to help us. We need to change our approach."
Here are 10 physics courses you can take now with some of the best experts in the world.
- You can find numerous physics courses currently available online for free.
- Courses are taught by instructors with amazing credits like Nobel Prizes and field-defining work.
- Topics range from introductory to Einstein's theory of relativity, particle physics, dark energy, quantum mechanics, and more.
StackSkills Unlimited is offering the ultimate career booster: lifetime access to over 1,000 courses in many of today's most in-demand skill sets.
- StackSkills Unlimited is an online learning resource with over 1,000 skill training courses.
- Over 550,000 students have successfully completed courses in IT, graphic design, finance and more.
- Save over 90% off the regular price