How financial insecurity sinks American IQ scores
Being on shaky financial footing is making Americans dumber.
- Not being able to pay your bills has the functional equivalent of lowering your IQ by 13 points. Many Americans have scarcity mindsets because of their inability to pay their bills.
- In a scarcity mindset, your functional bandwidth decreases — it influences you to be less generous and less reasonable.
- The opposite of a mindset of scarcity is a mindset of abundance, which is what many entrepreneurs have. Abundance mindsets tend to build on to themselves if the environment is right.
Malcolm Gladwell teaches "Get over yourself and get to work" for Big Think Edge.
- Learn to recognize failure and know the big difference between panicking and choking.
- At Big Think Edge, Malcolm Gladwell teaches how to check your inner critic and get clear on what failure is.
The 21st century is experiencing an Asianization of politics, business, and culture.
Research has shown that men today have less testosterone than they used to. What's happening?
Can sensitive coral reefs survive another human generation?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.