Are you working on Michael Jackson's new album?
John Legend: I wrote one song and submitted it to Michael over a year ago, and I don’t know if he’s going to use it. I don’t know what’s happening. But I haven’t done any more work for that. And I think the payoff is too delayed for me to spend a lot of time working on it right now, because you don’t know when it’s going to come out. And you don’t know what’s going to happen with Michael and what he’s gonna decide to do. So right now I’m just focused on putting my album out, which I know will come out soon.
Recorded on: Jan 29, 2008
Legend says he just submitted one song.
- Human beings are psychologically hardwired to fear differences
- Several recent studies show evidence that digital spaces exacerbate the psychology which contributes to tribalism
- Shared experiences of awe, such as space travel, or even simple shared meals, have surprising effectives for uniting opposing groups
How to talk to kids responsibly about drugs.
- The majority of kids are going to experiment with drugs at some point in their lives, mostly in their teens and early 20s.
- While many parents might balk at allowing their children to experiment, it's important to remember that not all drugs are the same.
- There are some warning signs,, however. Neuroscience journalist Maia Szalavitz walks us through some of the signs to look out for.
There are many ways to posit the fundamental nature of reality.
- After thousands of years, and an infinite amount of novel experiences, there are today many dueling schools of philosophical thought.
- A great philosophical background takes into account a number of metaphysical positions and ideas.
- These 10 philosophy books all take on the questions of existence in a unique and varied manner.
Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs is updated for the 21st century in a new study.
- Maslow's famous "Hierarchy of Needs" describes different levels of human motivation.
- A new study updates the hierarchy through modern methods.
- The research shows that self-actualized people share 10 specific traits.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.