I've been ready this whole time to upload my
brain/consciousness/whatever to the Internet, if not that then I'm definately ready to upload my conciousness into a machine.
It's obviously time. I think this sort of stuff should have been done
a long time ago. I want to be the first! I wouldn't care if I died in
the process and it was a total and complete failure, if I just got the
chance to be the first. There's nothing more important than the first,
the first is forever immortalized in his(or her)story.
Why do I want to do this?
With a digital consciousness, I would "live forever" just no longer in
the material world. I guess I would have no way of knowing if it was
me or not, I wonder if I would continue to "experience" my same "life"
in that "other form" of "reality."
The pros seem to outweigh the cons overwhelmingly. I would be
accessible to everyone, or maybe I could even become a virus,
infecting all government computers, simultaneously shutting them all
down at one single point in time.
To me, it seems like I would be akin to the
wizard of oz, in many respects, I would be able to manifest whatever I
want in cyberspace and in the digital landscape that is becoming ever
more clear? Is that really a way to turn nothing into something?
We have already evolved and progressed so much yet we still remain
trapped in the past. Our delusions, lies, hatred, de-evolution,
selfishness, and vices will be incomprehensible to a human from 100
years in the future. Everywhere I go I already see neanderthals
everywhere (they're already in charge of the government), it makes
sense that the future generations will be more evolved anyways.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
This economy has us in survival mode, stressing out our bodies and minds.
- Economic hardship is linked to physical and psychological illness, resulting in added healthcare expenses people can't afford.
- The gig economy – think Uber, Lyft, TaskRabbit, Handy – is marketed as a 'be your own boss' revolution, but it can be dehumanizing and dangerous; every worker is disposable.
- The cooperative business model can help reverse wealth inequality.
Meanwhile, Spaniards are the least likely to say their culture is superior to others.
- Survey by Pew Research Center shows great variation in chauvinism across Europe.
- Eight most chauvinist countries are in the east, and include Russia.
- The study compared personality traits and obesity views among more than 3,000 mothers.
- People who scored high in conscientiousness are more likely to experience "fat phobia.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.