We all know that evolution is a natural process, and one that is required if a species is to survive. Now, we humans have gotten to the point where we can no longer evolve naturally. So then what do we do? We use gene therapy, we grow new organs out of animals, we have ``designer babies``. Now of course, this can be called evolution. But can evolution through an unatural process truly be called natural? Is it even ethical? Please respond before my brainwaves are converted into digital files on a flash drive.
Malcolm Gladwell teaches "Get over yourself and get to work" for Big Think Edge.
- Learn to recognize failure and know the big difference between panicking and choking.
- At Big Think Edge, Malcolm Gladwell teaches how to check your inner critic and get clear on what failure is.
We take fewer mental pictures per second.
- Recent memories run in our brains like sped-up old movies.
- In childhood, we capture images in our memory much more quickly.
- The complexities of grownup neural pathways are no match for the direct routes of young brains.
It turns out, that tattoo ink can travel throughout your body and settle in lymph nodes.
Image from the study.
Image by authors of the study.
The study's authors will keep working on this in the meantime.
Melting ice is turning up bodies on Mt. Everest. This isn't as shocking as you'd think.
- Mt. Everest is the final resting place of about 200 climbers who never made it down.
- While many bodies are quite visible and well known, others are renowned for being lost for decades.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.