United Nations territory and headquarters in Jerusalem?
I have long been curious about the repercussions for the world that would come from:
- Moving the headquarters of the United Nations to Jerusalem
- Declaring Jerusalem to be a UN territory
Jerusalem would be administered by the entire world and the new headquarters for the United Nations. What do you see as the potential benefits and drawbacks for such an approach? Would it be one way to help solve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict? Would it give UN representatives and diplomats a healthy new perspective on the region? What structural modifications would be required for the UN to accomplish this and would they be detrimental or beneficial for the organization?
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
A completely unexpected discovery beneath the ice.
- Scientists find remains of a tardigrade and crustaceans in a deep, frozen Antarctic lake.
- The creatures' origin is unknown, and further study is ongoing.
- Biology speaks up about Antarctica's history.
Eight-dimensional octonions may hold the clues to solve fundamental mysteries.
- Physicists discover complex numbers called octonions that work in 8 dimensions.
- The numbers have been found linked to fundamental forces of reality.
- Understanding octonions can lead to a new model of physics.
It's one factor that can help explain the religiosity gap.
- Sociologists have long observed a gap between the religiosity of men and women.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.