New research shows elevated risks of anxiety, depression, and suicide linked to perfectionism.
- A study of 41,641 college students shows that perfectionism is increasing year after year.
- Along with perfectionist tendencies, researchers noted a symmetrical rise in anxiety, depression, and suicide.
- The study looks not at parental influence, but at neoliberal policies that have fostered a cult of individualism.
A 2019 ranking of all 50 states' education systems shows the Sunshine State serves its college students well.
- Florida may be the butt of many jokes, but its higher education system is second to none.
- However, the state's PreK-12 education lacks comparatively, giving Massachusetts the top spot for the best education overall.
- Americans believe their state governments should prioritize education, but much work needs to be done to catch up to other countries.
Mega-rich entrepreneurs are taking us where no human being has gone before.
- During the first golden era of space exploration, we went to the moon. Then we sort of dropped the ball for 50 years.
- The problem is space travel is very expensive, especially the way governments do space travel.
- Because it costs $10,000 to put a pound of anything into orbit around the planet, we need to have an infusion of public and private funds. That's where billionaires such as Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos come into the picture. With their help, we have new energies, new strategies, and new plans to go back into outer space.
Cook's commencement speech at Tulane University urges students to take action.
- Apple CEO Tim Cook gave a commencement speech at Tulane University on May 18th.
- Cook cautioned the graduates to not get caught up in echo chambers and algorithms.
- He acknowledged the failures of his generation.
If you're already running a blog for your business, it's probably because you understand its value as an online marketing tool. Have you taken enough steps to optimize your blog content so that it's more attractive to search engines? Far too many commercial blogs are delivering less than their full potential as marketing tools.
Blogger.com recently conducted a study of business blogs. While over half of all businesses (60 percent) now run blogs, a majority of them (65 percent) have gone without updates for over a year!
If you supply your blog with a steady stream of relevant content and take basic steps to optimize your posts, you'll unlock its full promotional power. Take a look at these six easy optimization tips that will make your blog easier for potential customers to find.
1) Research Your Keywords
As long as you keep your blog posts relevant to the interests of your business, you're probably including useful keywords in your content already. But to get the most out of your blog, you need to research the keywords that search engine users prefer. Many tools and strategies will help you discover new and powerful keywords. Two good resources to start with are the Keyword Tool provided by Google Adwords and semrush.com according to Dallas SEO experts, Pixel Cut Labs. Good keyword research doesn't just familiarize you with the common keywords currently in use; it also shows you what words and phrases are being used by competitors in your niche.
2) Employ Keywords In Key Positions
After researching keywords you want to target, you need to feature them on your blog in places where they'll attract both search engine algorithms and human visitors. The following power positions are all preferred places for deploying keywords:
* Headings and Subheadings
* Posts' first sentences
* Posts' concluding paragraphs
* Title tags and meta tags
* Anchor text (words included in hyperlinks pointing to other relevant pages)
It's important to avoid keyword stuffing. This is what happens when you load blog posts with keywords so heavily that they become hard for human visitors to read. It's not just readers that suffer from keyword stuffing; it will also earn you automated penalties from Google. Placing two very relevant keywords in the right places on a single page is enough to do the job.
3) Optimize Images
Every good blog needs photos to run alongside its written content. Your images can and should help with your optimization work. Just remember your keywords and include them in the names of your image files. Make sure each image has an alternate text tag which describes it appropriately - this is another place to include a relevant keyword.
4) Step Up Your References
When you refer to offsite resources in your blog posts, always set up a link that visitors can use to visit your sources. This is good blogging etiquette, and it can also be a powerful optimization tool. You may even score a reciprocal link from your target site. Strong, relevant links improve your blog's search engine performance.
5) Offer A Subscription Option
Set up easy-to-find RSS/Feed Subscription buttons. If at all possible, let your readers subscribe via email, too. Automating your relationship with readers is a great way to turn one-time visitors into regulars. Don't force your readers to check your site for updates on their own initiative; notify them!
6) Make Use Of Social Media
More and more businesses are exploring their social media options for connecting with customers on platforms like Facebook and Twitter. Unify all of your online marketing efforts and turn your social media accounts into tools for promoting your blog content! This process can be effortlessly streamlined with free tools like Hootsuite. With just a few clicks, you can promote your latest blog post on all of your social accounts.
Your blog can become a promotional juggernaut! Simply practice the sort of basic optimization habits described here and you'll soon be enjoying more exposure, more traffic, and more conversions.