If God is almighty and not bound by time; I see no reason, why the story about the creation of the universe, as told in Genesis of the christian Bible, and the scientific story about the appearing of earth, life and man should not both be literally true.
Assuming the biblical genese and the scientific genese both to be true literally; I can only speculate about the why and how of the emerging of the scientific truth. Maybe the scientific truth is also created by God in relation to human sin or maybe it is created by the wishes, beliefs and expectancies of humans. Whatever. Maybe the disbelief in the biblical truth removes that truth even further. The biblical truth asks believing; confirmation might come later. By seeking confirmation first, one might cause or find non-biblical confirmation.After all, the scientific story can hardly be seen as a story more in favour of man. The earth is a tiny spot in a gigantic universe, the durance of human existence is one moment in an enormous sea of time. Apes are our ancestors and our origin lies somewhere between a big bang and coincidence.
- The meaning of the word 'confidence' seems obvious. But it's not the same as self-esteem.
- Confidence isn't just a feeling on your inside. It comes from taking action in the world.
- Join Big Think Edge today and learn how to achieve more confidence when and where it really matters.
- Prejudice is typically perpetrated against 'the other', i.e. a group outside our own.
- But ageism is prejudice against ourselves — at least, the people we will (hopefully!) become.
- Different generations needs to cooperate now more than ever to solve global problems.
The controversial herbicide is everywhere, apparently.
- A jury on August 2018 awarded a non-Hodgkin's lymphoma victim $289 million in Roundup damages.
- Bayer/Monsanto says Roundup is totally safe. Others disagree.
The team caught a glimpse of a process that takes 18,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 years.
- In Italy, a team of scientists is using a highly sophisticated detector to hunt for dark matter.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.