If God is almighty and not bound by time; I see no reason, why the story about the creation of the universe, as told in Genesis of the christian Bible, and the scientific story about the appearing of earth, life and man should not both be literally true.
Assuming the biblical genese and the scientific genese both to be true literally; I can only speculate about the why and how of the emerging of the scientific truth. Maybe the scientific truth is also created by God in relation to human sin or maybe it is created by the wishes, beliefs and expectancies of humans. Whatever. Maybe the disbelief in the biblical truth removes that truth even further. The biblical truth asks believing; confirmation might come later. By seeking confirmation first, one might cause or find non-biblical confirmation.After all, the scientific story can hardly be seen as a story more in favour of man. The earth is a tiny spot in a gigantic universe, the durance of human existence is one moment in an enormous sea of time. Apes are our ancestors and our origin lies somewhere between a big bang and coincidence.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
- The Yugoslav Wars started in 1991, but never really ended
- Kosovo and Serbia are still enemies, and they're getting worse
- A proposed land swap could create peace - or reignite the conflict
The death of Old Yugoslavia
Image: public domain
United Yugoslavia on a CIA map from 1990.
After the wars
Image: Ijanderson977, CC BY-SA 3.0 / Wikimedia Commons
Kosovo divides the world
Image: public domain
Land for peace?
If others can do it...
Image: Ruland Kolen
The controversy around the Torah codes gets a new life.
- Mathematicians claim to see a predictive pattern in the ancient Torah texts.
- The code is revealed by a method found with special computer software.
- Some events described by reading the code took place after the code was written.
- Facebook and Google began as companies with supposedly noble purposes.
- But pressure to return value to shareholders came at the expense of their own users.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.