Trying to stay inspired.
I find it hard on a day to day basis to stay inspired. I find myself continuously thinking about the road ahead that sometimes I forget to take a look around. I try to read about people that have made a positive difference in this world and then in my best way try to emulate their path. I remember first becoming conscious of my own footsteps in this world when my uncle died. Right before he left me The Art of Happiness by the Dalai Lama. This is a profound book and I try to the best of my cappabilities to hold on to its teachings. Not just of those of the Dalai Lama but also my Uncle. He was a good man who tried to help as best as he could in any way he could. His consideration for the small things have ultimately changed my life for the better. I try to hold on to that. Stay positive, dream endlessly, and think big.
International poker champion Liv Boeree teaches decision-making for Big Think Edge.
The way that you think about stress can actually transform the effect that it has on you – and others.
- Stress is contagious, and the higher up in an organization you are the more your stress will be noticed and felt by others.
- Kelly McGonigal teaches "Reset your mindset to reduce stress" for Big Think Edge.
- Subscribe to Big Think Edge before we launch on March 30 to get 20% off monthly and annual memberships.
Tracking project establishes northern Argentina is wintering ground of Swainson's hawks
- Watch these six dots move across the map and be moved yourself: this is a story about coming of age, discovery, hardship, death and survival.
- Each dot is a tag attached to the talon of a Swainson's Hawk. We follow them on their very first migration, from northern California all the way down to Argentina.
- After one year, only one is still alive.
These quick bursts of inspiration will brighten your day in 10 minutes or less.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.