Tom Adams on Changing Course
Tom Adams has been the CEO of Rosetta Stone since 2003. In 2009--the year the company went public--he was named Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year, Executive of the Year by the American Business Awards, and SmartCEO CEO of the Year. Formerly, he was a commodity merchant in China (where he says he used Rosetta Stone to learn the language).
Rosetta Stone sells software for adults learning over 30 different languages in over 150 countries. They also have a program geared towards K-12 students called Rosetta Stone Classroom.
Malcolm Gladwell teaches "Get over yourself and get to work" for Big Think Edge.
- Learn to recognize failure and know the big difference between panicking and choking.
- At Big Think Edge, Malcolm Gladwell teaches how to check your inner critic and get clear on what failure is.
- Subscribe to Big Think Edge before we launch on March 30 to get 20% off monthly and annual memberships.
Turns out pushups are more telling than treadmill tests when it comes to cardiovascular health.
- Men who can perform 40 pushups in one minute are 96 percent less likely to have cardiovascular disease than those who do less than 10.
- The Harvard study focused on over 1,100 firefighters with a median age of 39.
- The exact results might not be applicable to men of other age groups or to women, researchers warn.
Do you have a magnetic compass in your head?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.