To Whom is God Answerable?
Most models of God put him at the top of the pyramid. What if he is just part of a much larger structure?
This is not quite as crazy as it might seem at first glance. In physics, there are many theories suggesting that our Big-Bang is just one of many [ including my own theory ]. We are forever excluded from information outside our B-B, but that does not prevent us producing models that would work within our understanding and observation. Similarly, we will probably be prevented from reaching the true creator, and will need to be content with dealing with his intermediary.
Disclaimer: This is NOT a lead in to my unpublished short work - "The Bath-Tub of Creation". However, if pushed, I could provide a synopsis [grin].
A federal judge ruled that the Trump administration likely violated the reporter's Fifth Amendment rights when it stripped his press credentials earlier this month.
- Acosta will be allowed to return to the White House on Friday.
- The judge described the ruling as narrow, and didn't rule one way or the other on violations of the First Amendment.
- The case is still open, and the administration may choose to appeal the ruling.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
New research identifies an unexpected source for some of earth's water.
- A lot of Earth's water is asteroidal in origin, but some of it may come from dissolved solar nebula gas.
- Our planet hides majority of its water inside: two oceans in the mantle and 4–5 in the core.
- New reason to suspect that water is abundant throughout the universe.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.