To Whom is God Answerable?
Most models of God put him at the top of the pyramid. What if he is just part of a much larger structure?
This is not quite as crazy as it might seem at first glance. In physics, there are many theories suggesting that our Big-Bang is just one of many [ including my own theory ]. We are forever excluded from information outside our B-B, but that does not prevent us producing models that would work within our understanding and observation. Similarly, we will probably be prevented from reaching the true creator, and will need to be content with dealing with his intermediary.
Disclaimer: This is NOT a lead in to my unpublished short work - "The Bath-Tub of Creation". However, if pushed, I could provide a synopsis [grin].
We are constantly trying to force the world to look like us — we need to move on.
- When the Berlin Wall fell in 1989, many Americans jumped for joy. At the time, some believed there weren't going to be any more political disagreements anywhere in the world. They thought American democracy had won the "war of ideas."
- American exceptionalism has sought to create a world order that's really a mirror image of ourselves — a liberal world order founded on the DNA of American thinking. To many abroad this looks like ethnic chauvinism.
- We need to move on from this way of thinking, and consider that sometimes "problem-solving," in global affairs, means the world makes us look like how it wants to be.
Scientists make an important discovery for the future of computing.
- Researchers find a new state of matter called "topological superconductivity".
- The state can lead to important advancements in quantum computing.
- Utilizing special particles that emerge during this state can lead to error-free data storage and blazing calculation speed.
French newspapers report that the trial hasn't lived up to expectations.
- The French government initially invested in a rural solar roadway in 2016.
- French newspapers report that the trial hasn't lived up to expectations.
- Solar panel "paved" roadways are proving to be inefficient and too expensive.