To Cope With Financial Crisis, Americans Get Angry
Unlike the crash of 1929, when American moneymen jumped to their deaths from Wall Street rooftops and breadwinners who couldn't win the bread hanged themselves in their basements, Americans are bucking the blues of this recession and reacting with a healthy streak of unalloyed anger.
Salon reports the Madoffs and others of his ilk are stymying Americans' faith in the financial machine but not pushing them to despair. Not yet at least. The surly rebuttals in op-ed after op-ed are a sign the country still has its head above water. Fire-breathing ire is not a common trait in the American character, but it may be the one that we have to master to get us through to better times.
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
"Earth" features about 30 of the biggest names in entertainment.
- Lil Dicky is a rapper and comedian who released his debut album in 2015.
- All proceeds of the music video will go to environmental causes, Dicky said.
Some evidence attributes a certain neurological phenomenon to a near death experience.
- A forensic artist in Scotland has made a hyper realistic model of an ancient dog.
- It was based on the skull of a dog dug up in Orkney, Scotland, which lived and died 4,000 years ago.
- The model gives us a glimpse of some of the first dogs humans befriended.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.