Though and Action.
Thought and action the two extremes on the acheivment continuum. American sosiety has been going off balance more and more towards the action extreme. There is a prevaling attitude of "dont just stand there, do something". But is this really beneficial? Does it lead to the kind of acheivment we trully desire? Does it lead to poor coices? Or is action really better then thought.
Winston Churchill said the oposite "dont just do something, stand there and think for a while".
So i was wondering what you all think about this. which extreme do you tend to lean towards? Which do you think is more important? Dont say balance is key, that is aparent, but i want to know which you see as more key thought or action.
Malcolm Gladwell teaches "Get over yourself and get to work" for Big Think Edge.
- Learn to recognize failure and know the big difference between panicking and choking.
- At Big Think Edge, Malcolm Gladwell teaches how to check your inner critic and get clear on what failure is.
You can say 'no' to things, and you should. Do it like this.
- Give yourself permission to say "no" to things. Saying yes to everything is a fast way to burn out.
Three scientists publish a paper proving that Mercury, not Venus, is the closest planet to Earth.
- Earth is the third planet from the Sun, so our closest neighbor must be planet two or four, right?
- Wrong! Neither Venus nor Mars is the right answer.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.