Though and Action.
Thought and action the two extremes on the acheivment continuum. American sosiety has been going off balance more and more towards the action extreme. There is a prevaling attitude of "dont just stand there, do something". But is this really beneficial? Does it lead to the kind of acheivment we trully desire? Does it lead to poor coices? Or is action really better then thought.
Winston Churchill said the oposite "dont just do something, stand there and think for a while".
So i was wondering what you all think about this. which extreme do you tend to lean towards? Which do you think is more important? Dont say balance is key, that is aparent, but i want to know which you see as more key thought or action.
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face."
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
The climate change we're witnessing is more dramatic than we might think.
Once again, our circadian rhythm points the way.
- Seven individuals were locked inside a windowless, internetless room for 37 days.
- While at rest, they burned 130 more calories at 5 p.m. than at 5 a.m.
- Morning time again shown not to be the best time to eat.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.