We Can't Read Your Mind (Yet), So Please Take This Survey
At the heart of Big Think’s mission is a firm belief that the Internet is helping to grant the general population a better education. To better serve that mission we are asking you to volunteer 3 minutes of your time to share with us important feedback about yourself and how you use Big Think in a confidential survey.
The survey asks questions such as what subjects are of the most interest to you and how many books you read each year.
We were pleased with the responses we have received so far, but are looking for more. A great big thank you to all who choose to participate. Please follow the link below:
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
The history of the Geneva Conventions tells us how the international community draws the line on brutality.
- Henry Dunant's work led to the Red Cross and conventions on treating prisoners humanely.
- Four Geneva Conventions defined the rules for prisoners of war, torture, naval and medical personnel and more.
- Amendments to the agreements reflect the modern world but have not been ratified by all countries.
Meanwhile, Spaniards are the least likely to say their culture is superior to others.
- Survey by Pew Research Center shows great variation in chauvinism across Europe.
- Eight most chauvinist countries are in the east, and include Russia.
- British much more likely than French (and slightly more likely than Germans) to say their culture is "superior" to others.
And you thought red-light cameras were bad. HA!
- The coalition argues that government agencies might abuse facial recognition technology.
- Google and Microsoft have expressed concern about the potential problems of facial recognition technology.
- Meanwhile, Amazon has been actively marketing the technology to law enforcement agencies in the U.S.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.