State Capitalism and Democratic Capitalism Duke It Out
For those of you who missed last night's debate on China vs. American capitalism hosted by Intelligence Squared U.S., here is the video. There was one decided winner with 85 percent of the audience's votes, but we won't spoil the surprise.
Check out the video here:
Robert Rosenkranz, CEO of Intelligence Squared U.S., provided the below framework for the discussion.
Why China is Better:
Why America is Better:
"In the final analysis, this debate is not just about economics." said Rosenkranz. "But about which system, American democratic capitalism or Chinese state capitalism, will be the model that developing countries around the world admire and seek to emulate."
We'd like to hear what you think. Which model of capitalism should developing countries copy? Tell us your thoughts in the comments below.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
The Canadian professor has an extensive collection posted on his site.
- Peterson's Great Books list features classics by Orwell, Jung, Huxley, and Dostoevsky.
- Categories include literature, neuroscience, religion, and systems analysis.
- Having recently left Patreon for "freedom of speech" reasons, Peterson is taking direct donations through Paypal (and Bitcoin).
Best case: Redrawing borders leads to peace, prosperity and EU membership. But there's also a worst case.
Despite incredible economic growth, it is not necessarily an investor's paradise.
- China's stock market is just 27 years old. It's economy has grown 30x over that time.
- Imagine if you had invested early and gotten in on the ground floor.
- Actually, you would have lost money. Here's how that's possible.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.