Short Outages Lead to Huge Losses for Google and Amazon
Amazon.com may have been down in North America for as long as 45 minutes this week.
Amazon.com may have been down in North America for as long as 45 minutes this week. That may not seem like a lot of time, but the company is estimated to have lost $120,000 per minute in lost revenue. Google also lost an estimated $545,000 in ad revenue in five minutes.
- Patients from low-income neighborhoods are most at risk of negative health impacts.
An innovation may lead to lifelike self-reproducing and evolving machines.
- Scientists at Cornell University devise a material with 3 key traits of life.
- The goal for the researchers is not to create life but lifelike machines.
- The researchers were able to program metabolism into the material's DNA.
Some evidence attributes a certain neurological phenomenon to a near death experience.
- But increased longevity is a cause for celebration, says Ashton Applewhite, not doom and gloom.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.