Death Will Soon Be Reversible
"We may soon be rescuing people from death's clutches hours, or even longer, after they have actually died."
"We may soon be rescuing people from death's clutches hours, or even longer, after they have actually died." So claims Sam Parnia, a researcher at Stony Brook University School of Medicine in New York and the author of Erasing Death: The Science That Is Rewriting the Boundaries Between Life and Death.
For a window into Parnia's ideas about the science of resuscitation, check out this interview with him published on Der Spiegel.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock
Malcolm Gladwell teaches "Get over yourself and get to work" for Big Think Edge.
- Learn to recognize failure and know the big difference between panicking and choking.
- At Big Think Edge, Malcolm Gladwell teaches how to check your inner critic and get clear on what failure is.
It's one of the most consistent patterns in the unviverse. What causes it?
- At a glance, this map shows both the size and distribution of world religions.
- See how religions mix at both national and regional level.
- There's one country in the Americas without a Christian majority – which?
Do you have a magnetic compass in your head?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.