Legendary TV Producer Norman Lear on Big Think's "Think Again" Podcast – ep. 17 - An Authentic Horse's Ass/The Capacity to Choose
It’s hard to be a human being. I don’t care what the circumstances of one’s birth: If there is nothing in life that makes trouble, or mischief, we’ll make it up. It’s a hard game. But the kick is in knowing that, and beating the odds. — Norman Lear
“I see Donald Trump as the middle finger of the right hand.” — Norman Lear, on "Think Again"
We surprise the world's sharpest minds with unexpected topics. This week, legendary TV producer [Norman Lear], author of the powerful memoir Even THIS I Get to Experience joins host Jason Gots to discuss Mars colonies, immigration, and the upside of stress.
Listen to THINK AGAIN, EPISODE 17 – Norman Lear – An Authentic Horse's Ass/The Capacity to Choose
Malcolm Gladwell teaches "Get over yourself and get to work" for Big Think Edge.
- Learn to recognize failure and know the big difference between panicking and choking.
- At Big Think Edge, Malcolm Gladwell teaches how to check your inner critic and get clear on what failure is.
Does believing in true love make people act like jerks?
- Ghosting, or cutting off all contact suddenly with a romantic partner, is not nice.
- Growth-oriented people (who think relationships are made, not born) do not appreciate it.
- Destiny-oriented people (who believe in soulmates) are more likely to be okay with ghosting.
A new method of growing mini-brains produces some startling results.
- Researchers find a new and inexpensive way to keep organoids growing for a year.
- Axons from the study's organoids attached themselves to embryonic mouse spinal cord cells.
- The mini-brains took control of muscles connected to the spinal cords.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.