NATURE/NURTURE/NEITHER (feat. Mark Epstein) - Think Again Podcast, ep. 10
Will nanobots someday deposit Shakespeare directly into our brains? In this week's episode of Big Think's Think Again podcast, we're joined Buddhist-influenced psychiatrist and author Mark Epstein
Will nanobots someday deposit Shakespeare directly into our brains? If we paid politicians tons of money would they do a better job? Does epigenetics solve the nature/nurture debate?
In this week's episode of Big Think's Think Again podcast, host Jason Gots is joined by Mark Epstein, Buddhist-influenced psychiatrist and author of Thoughts Without a Thinker and The Trauma of Everyday Life. Interview clips from Stephen Dubner, Kayt Sukel, and Nicholas Negroponte launch a probing discussion of education, free will, and a contemporary twist in the "nature/nurture" debate.
Listen to THINK AGAIN, EPISODE 10 – NATURE/NURTURE/NEITHER (feat. Mark Epstein)
Malcolm Gladwell teaches "Get over yourself and get to work" for Big Think Edge.
- Learn to recognize failure and know the big difference between panicking and choking.
- At Big Think Edge, Malcolm Gladwell teaches how to check your inner critic and get clear on what failure is.
You can say 'no' to things, and you should. Do it like this.
- Give yourself permission to say "no" to things. Saying yes to everything is a fast way to burn out.
Three scientists publish a paper proving that Mercury, not Venus, is the closest planet to Earth.
- Earth is the third planet from the Sun, so our closest neighbor must be planet two or four, right?
- Wrong! Neither Venus nor Mars is the right answer.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.