The weight of Death
Does death affect your everyday life?
Death is certainly a very scary term to many people. Some don't know whether there is an afterlife, or if they just cease to go on living. I have just a few questions for anyone willing to respond.
Which scares you more, the death of a loved one, or your own death?
Do you fear your own death to the point of not doing certain activities?
Do you live your life as if you might die today?
What scares you the most about death?
Where does your fear of death rank in comparison to your other fears?
Death has just always intrigued me, so I was wondering how other people felt about it. There was a time in my life where I would have liked to have died, but have come to realize to desiring death might not be such a healthy thought process. Anyone's feedback to these questions is appreciated.
A federal judge ruled that the Trump administration likely violated the reporter's Fifth Amendment rights when it stripped his press credentials earlier this month.
- Acosta will be allowed to return to the White House on Friday.
- The judge described the ruling as narrow, and didn't rule one way or the other on violations of the First Amendment.
- The case is still open, and the administration may choose to appeal the ruling.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
The definition of a kilogram will now be fixed to Planck's constant, a fundamental part of quantum physics.
- The new definition of a kilogram is based on a physical constant in quantum physics.
- Unlike the current definition of a kilogram, this measurement will never change.
- Scientists also voted to update the definitions of several other measurements in physics.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.