Tomorrow at 2:00 PM EST, Big Think will host a live-streamed interview
with the Jason Fried, co-founder of 37signals and author of the modern
workplace manifesto "Rework."
Fried's thoughts on the future of business, leadership, and technology
have stirred strong feelings in the many readers of his blog and books,
as well as in those who have followed the success of his company
Now is your chance to ask Jason a question and to win a copy of
"Rework." Send your questions to Jason by emailing Big Think
(email@example.com) and if we use your question in the interview we will
send you a copy of "Rework."
Tomorrow at 2:00 PM EST, tune in for Jason's talk on the "New Workplace
in the New Normal," which is the latest in HP's Input | Output series on
leaders that are inspiring innovative thinking.
THURSDAY, JULY 22 AT 2:00 PM EST
- The meaning of the word 'confidence' seems obvious. But it's not the same as self-esteem.
- Confidence isn't just a feeling on your inside. It comes from taking action in the world.
- Join Big Think Edge today and learn how to achieve more confidence when and where it really matters.
If you're lacking confidence and feel like you could benefit from an ego boost, try writing your life story.
In truth, so much of what happens to us in life is random – we are pawns at the mercy of Lady Luck. To take ownership of our experiences and exert a feeling of control over our future, we tell stories about ourselves that weave meaning and continuity into our personal identity.
This gives credence to the 5–2 diet, which has recently gained in popularity thanks to a large celebrity following.
Chances are you're probably thinking about food right now in some capacity. Maybe it's close to dinner and you're wondering what you are going to eat. Maybe you had a really good lunch and are fondly reminiscing about your BLT, or whatnot. Or maybe, just maybe, you're thinking about not eating food for a while.
A space memorial company plans to launch the ashes of "Pikachu," a well-loved Tabby, into space.
- Steve Munt, Pikachu's owner, created a GoFundMe page to raise money for the mission.
- If all goes according to plan, Pikachu will be the second cat to enter space, the first being a French feline named Felicette.
- It might seem frivolous, but the cat-lovers commenting on Munt's GoFundMe page would likely disagree.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.