Tomorrow At Big Think: Biochemist Sir Paul Nurse
Nobel-prize winning biochemist Sir Paul Nurse comes to Big Think tomorrow to discuss cancer research and health care policy. Post your questions for the "David Beckham of science" here.
Over a career spanning four decades, Nurse has completed ground-breaking research into cell cycle regulation that has allowed significant insights into the underlying physiology of cancer. He was honored for his work with a Nobel Prize in 2001 and was bestowed knighthood for services to cancer research and cell biology.
It turns out the human scalp has an olfactory receptor that seems to play a crucial role in regulating hair follicle growth and death.
The best self-directed learners use these seven habits to improve their knowledge and skills in any subject.
- Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, and Ellen DeGeneres all dropped out of college, yet they became leaders in their fields. Their secret? Self-directed learning.
- Self-directed learning can help people expand their knowledge, gain new skills, and improve upon their liberal education.
- Following habits like Benjamin Franklin's five-hour rule, the 80/20 rule, and SMART goals can help self-directed learners succeed in their pursuits.
It happens every few years. Not just in Greece, but also parts of the United States.
- Aitoliko, in Western Greece is the town these images are from.
- Tetragnatha is the genus — known as "stretch spiders" because of their elongated bodies.
- They can run faster on water than on land. Don't panic, though: they will be gone in days.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.