Short of kidnapping your boss or stealing all the loose executive bonus money out there, what are some ways you can survive this job market? Big Think bucks the recession.
It's Darwinian out there to be sure, but it's all the more reason to explore this fascinating time in the way the world works, or doesn't. We'll take a stab at answering:
Is this work-more-for-less mentality really helping anyone?
Are master's degrees worth the paper they are printed on?
Are taller people more likely to be fat cats?
Why is the Texas labor market charging ahead like a herd of steer?
Will Americans march for jobs like the rest of the world?
If there are any other areas thinkers want covered, let us know.
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
A new method promises to capture an elusive dark world particle.
- Dark matter is estimated to take up 26.8% of all matter in the Universe.
- The researchers will be able to try their approach in 2021, when the LHC goes back online.
- The research raises many ethical questions and puts to the test our current understanding of death.
What's dead may never die, it seems
An ethical gray matter
The dilemma is unprecedented.
Setting new boundaries
- As a stand-up comedian, Pete Holmes knows how words can manipulate audiences — for good and bad.
- Holmes has a clever linguistic exercise meant to bring you closer to the people around you.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.